Rules and Procedures
Failure to follow any of the Rules or Procedures listed here, or failure to follow orders or instructions by a Range Safety Officer (RSO) or any Buffalo Range staff will be cause for immediate ejection from the property. The rules are subject to change at any time without notice. Enforcement of the rules is the sole discretion of Buffalo Range staff.
The following behaviors will result in immediate ejection from the property:
- Falsification of personal information on Buffalo Range, Inc. waivers.
- Bringing in glass, metal, or other hard targets, tracers, incendiary, explosive ammunition, explosive targets, or metal targets.
- Shooting at or above a barrier device, at target stand markers, or range property (ie, mesh netting, tables, chairs, stands, etc).
- Shooting at anything other than approved targets.
- Alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs of any kind on the property.
- Buffalo Range reserves the right to use your photograph for advertising and social media purposes.
- Verbal or physical attacks towards other shooters or RSOs/Staff. This will also be reported to local law enforcement.
- Inappropriate conduct of any kind.
- Damage to any property will be subject to arrest and prosecution for criminal damage to property.
- The speed limit is 5mph.
- 50 cal. BMG is not allowed.
- Everyone, including non-shooters, must sign in before entering the shooting range.
- Shooters under 18 years of age can discharge weapons only with individual supervision by an adult.
- All range breaks (ceasefires) will be called by the Range Safety Officer (RSO) on duty. During that time all CEASEFIRE Rules are in effect.
- For your safety, Eye and Ear protection is required at all times while on any of our ranges, even if you are not firing a weapon.
- Concealed firearms are to be kept concealed at all times.
- Drawing from holsters is not allowed on the ranges.
- Keep aisles and walkways clear of equipment and gun cases.
- Pick up your trash and place it in the allocated trash cans and containers provided.
- Actions must be open, chambers clear, and muzzles pointed downwards.
- You must step behind the line and remain behind the line for the duration of the ceasefire.
- There is absolutely no handling of firearms during the ceasefire.
- Wait until the range is released by the RSO, before going down range to change targets.
- All firearms must be transported to the firing line unloaded.
- Paper targets are the only targets allowed to be brought onto our Rifle Range.
- All targets must be placed directly onto the cardboard backers. Do not cover the wood frames with your target.
- Cardboard backers are to be installed only by RSO’s. Please report any detached or excessively damaged cardboard backers to your RSO.
- No rapid fire is allowed on the rifle range, a 2 second pause between each shot is strictly enforced.
- No hip-shots, off-hand shots, or prone position shots. You must use the benches while shooting.
- No crossfire or shooting targets other than your own.
- Firearms being moved along the firing line or to and from the parking areas must be empty, action open, and the muzzle facing up.
- Tampering with or willfully damaging the clay throwers will be cause for immediate and permanent ejection from the property!
- No hand-held clay throwers allowed.
- The only shot sizes allowed on the Trap Range are #6, #7, #8, and #9.
- If you accidentally drop any item past the tables, do not reach over or under the tables to retrieve them. Notify the RSO immediately if this occurs.
- Shooters are not allowed to retrieve unbroken clay targets from the field in front of the trap area.
- Only clay targets are allowed to be used on the throwers.
- If you are having a problem with the clay throwers or if one if broken, notify the RSO immediately! Do not attempt to repair or adjust any of the clay throwers.
Failure to follow any of the Rules or Procedures listed here, or failure to follow orders or instructions by a Range Safety Officer (RSO) or any Buffalo Range staff will be cause for immediate ejection from the property. The rules are subject to change at any time without notice. Enforcement of the rules, is the sole discretion of Buffalo Range staff.
Always follow the 4 basic basic rules of firearm safety!!!!!!
- Treat all guns as though they are loaded
- Keep the firearm pointed in a safe direction and never at anything you do not intend to shoot
- Keep your finger off the trigger until the sights are aligned on target and you have made a conscious decision to shoot
- Know your target and what is around, beyond and in between you and the target
- 50 caliber BMG is not allowed at the Plinking Pit or any other range on Buffalo Range Inc. property.
- Eye and ear protection must be worn at all times while at the Plinking Pit by shooters and spectators.
- Targets you place in the Plinking Pit must be 10 feet below the upper safety barrier flags (red pennant flags) and within 16 feet from the base of the berm (which will be marked by blue pennant flag). The area described above is also referred to as the “target area”. ALL SHOOTING MUST BE DONE INSIDE THE MARKED “TARGET AREA”!!! Shooting of any object or area outside the of the marked target area is grounds for permanent ejection from Buffalo Range Inc. property.
- No hanging targets or metal targets which would cause a ricochet are permitted in the Plinking Pit
- In addition to metal targets, no glass or aerosols, nor any explosive or incendiary targets can be brought to the Plinking Pit. I understand this and will not bring any of the above mentioned targets/items/objects. ALL OBJECTS PLACED IN THE PIT MUST BE INSPECTED BY A RANGE SAFETY OFFICER PRIOR TO BEING PLACED IN THE PIT.
- No Cross firing is allowed at anytime! Shooters will not exceed 15 degrees from each shoulder
- Rapid firing is allowed as long as it is controlled and ALL impacts are in the marked target area. If a Range Safety Officer determines a shooter cannot their shots, they may instruct the shooter to stop rapid firing. Rapid firing where any of the shots leave the dedicated target area is grounds for PERMANENT EJECTION from Buffalo Range Inc. property.
- Thrown targets are limited to clay targets and can only be fired at with a shotgun using #7 1/2, #8, and #9 shot USING ONLY a dedicated clay thrower station at the Plinking Pit. No handheld clay throwers can be used.
- All firearms must be transported to the firing line UNLOADED! If transporting a firearm uncased from your vehicle or to and from a shooting table, the muzzle will be pointed straight up, action open WITH CHAMBER SAFETY FLAG INSERTED, and magazine out.
- No drawing from the holster is permitted
- Any items dropped past the tables- DO NOT reach over or under the tables to retrieve them. Notify the range safety officer IMMEDIATLEY if this occurs!!!
- Periodic cease fires will be conducted at the discretion of the range safety officer. In the event of a cease fire, all firearms must be in the following configuration:
- UNLOADED and placed on the table with muzzle pointed downrange or placed in the rack with muzzle pointed up
- Actions must be open WITH CHAMBER SAFETY FLAG INSERTED IN CHAMBER and magazines removed if possible (if not possible then UNLOADED).
Failure to follow any of the Rules or Procedures listed here, or failure to follow orders or instructions by a Range Safety Officer (RSO) or any Buffalo Range staff will be cause for immediate ejection from the property. The rules are subject to change at any time without notice. Enforcement of the rules is at the sole discretion of Buffalo Range staff.